Everyone is different in style and that's what makes everyone unique. Be you, not someone else.
ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 Shea Moisture Product Review

As all women do (or at least most), I have desired to have hair soft to the touch with a healthy shine. Thus began my product junkie addiction. I don't think I am that bad in that category though. I try different products as oppose to many. And in my quest, I stumbled upon Shea Moisture, by accident to be truthful. While shopping for baby bath items at Target, I picked up Shea Moisture's Baby Head-to-Toe Ointment just to try out. Thinking about the first time I opened the tube, I was pleasantly surprised. The aroma was intoxicating. I quickly went online and found the company website and placed an order for their soaps and a scrub. After using the scrub, I hauled my behind over to Walgreens and took advantage of the BOGO Free sale they were having to introduce Shea Moisture at the store. Have been in love ever since.

Curl Enhancing Smoothie
The curl enhancing smoothie I believe is their most popular product and it was the first product I used. Not on myself though, but on my daughter. She has thick but fine hair that is naturally curly, so I wanted something that was suitable for her [bi-racial] hair. This product provides high moisture and sheen without the greasy feel or look. Even though it has a thick consistency the product is light on the hair and does not weigh down heavily. The scent is a fragrant coconut sweetness. Love this product.

Curl and Shine Shampoo
The shampoo is great to work hand-in-hand with the smoothie. The Shea Moisture shampoo has the hair feeling clean, with a fresh coconut scent. It works great on my daughter's hair, leaving a nice curl once rinsed thoroughly. This product does lather, so if that is an issue for users, either using a small amount or none is best.

Deep Treatment Masque
This item I absolutely rave about. My sister, my cousin, friends all have been MADE to purchase this product and with no regret [let me tell you]. It can be used as a deep treatment that is rinsed out or left in the hair to condition and moisturize. I choose to wash or co-wash and then apply this quite generously to my wet hair and leave it in. The way my hair feels the next day is unbelievable. Amazingly soft and it actually feels hydrated. There is no greasy residue and my natural curl is soft and beautiful. I absolutely love how soft this make my hair, and for a girl with course, natural kinky curls, that's a feat.

The Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner is a lighter, less thick product. I put this in my hair dry in the mornings for daily moisturizer and am quite satisfied with this as well. Most of the time it is applied while my hair is braided or twisted. Still it is a great addition to my Shea Moisture product collection.

To end this review I want to elaborate on the Baby Head-to_Toe Ointment. This product contains frankincense and myrrh. This is probably what makes it smell SO great. I have eczema which is basically very dry skin, so this ointment is really awesome for winter. During the summer, it might be a bit much with the heat but I found myself using it as of late. I apply it right out of the shower on top of a cream moisturizer. A wonderful product for very dry skin and no need to wear perfume or spritz. It's a wonderful earthy scent no musk needed.



I hope this review helped. Make it a great day.

Labels:

"Shea Moisture Product Review" was Posted On: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 @9/13/2011 04:24:00 PM | 0 lovely comments

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse. All rights reserved. Thank you.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ